Since the past months, the smartphone industry has been witness to a game change in sales and marketing. Launched in October 2016, the Google Pixel smartphones features a 5-inch touchscreen display with a 1080 pixel resolution.
This latest offering by Google is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor with a 4GB RAM. Equipped with a 12.3MP primary camera and an 8MP front shooter, this phone is the choice pick for amateur photographers and selfie addicts alike. This latest mobile phone runs on Android and is powered by a 2770mAh non-removable battery that lasts all day.
It is the first smartphone with the Google assistant built in. You can easily answer most of the queries you throw at them, be it about the weather, location, or events. Managing your everyday tasks will be a breeze – you can do so by creating an event, setting a reminder, and then texting a friend the information.
The Google assistant also helps find your photos faster, be it an anniversary, birthday, or holiday memory. You can even get translation on the go – get close to over 100 languages translated. Lastly, with this feature, you can monitor travel; you can conveniently check on flight schedules, addresses of locations and hotels.
Weighing at just 143 grams, the Google Pixel is a single SIM model that is Nano-SIM compatible. It comes with all the favorite Google apps, providing a seamless, easy-to-use phone experience.
Below are reasons responsible for Google Pixel’s drastic growth since its launch in October this year:
• Sales: 33,000 units shipped to India in the month of October, making Google the third biggest player in the sales of smartphones in India.
• Marketing: Google is pulling out all the stops when it comes to selling their products in the market. The company’s invested heavily on advertisement, both print and digital on brand building. The social media events hosted by Google have been instrumental in creating a buzz online. As far as offline marketing is concerned, the placing of kiosks in malls, allowing interested customers of having a first-hand experience of the phone seems to be paying off huge dividends.
• Pocket-friendly schemes: No-cost EMIs starting at INR 3,167 for all online and offline purchases are a big draw for budget shoppers.
• Tie-ups with major e-commerce companies: Google, in a tie-up with Flipkart, offered an extra discount of INR 5,000 with an easy exchange program.
• Feature packed: Priced comparatively lesser than other high-end phones such as Apple iPhones and Samsung’s S series, Google’s Pixel offers some of the best features, using the latest of innovations.
Google Pixel boasts of a best ever 89 DxOmark Mobile score, allowing for vivid photos in any light conditions, whether low or bright. The overall response of the Indian customers to this new venture by Google has been phenomenal.
Even smaller towns and cities have reported maximum sales of smartphones since the launch of Google Pixel. With major retail players such as Croma, Reliance Digital, jumbo, and Spice Mobility selling this smartphone, Pixel by Google has emerged as one of the highest rated mobile phones in India.